Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

Chapter 11: Diverse perspectives of Children Literature

Today's classrooms are filled with a diverse population so we will need to learn to teach to many different cultures.  This will include teaching many different types of literature to include all the different cultures in the class.  One of the first assignments I will do in my own classroom is a project on diversity.  I will ask my students to share a bit about their culture and then we will learn about the different cultures in the classroom.  To end this lesson we would have a feast with different dishes that I will ask the parents to bring and join us.  I believe that each year we will be a family for the year and they should get to know who one another really are. 

This activity will allow my students to use technology and a wide variety of diverse books.  Literacy development will be gained, social skills will gained, and hopefully many friendships will be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment