Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

Chapter 12: The New Literacies: The World of Online Children's Literature

Schools today have a vast majority of technology.  When I went to school there was an overhead projector and a T.V. the teacher would roll in on the cart if a video had to be shown.  Today students have Elmo's, Promethean Boards, and computers in every classroom.  They have mobile laptops and Ipads they get to bring home to do work on.  As we continue through the twenty-first century technology will only get more advanced.  

Being a new teacher with all this technology is exciting and scary at the same time.  I am excited to be able to incorporate many new things in my curriculum but scared that I will not learn them as quick as I may need to.  While exploring this chapter I have learned about many sites that I did not know anything about. 

This chapter has also given me many ideas of things I could do in my classroom.  One part of this chapter especially stood out for me.  I really enjoyed the part about options for children with special needs.  I want to become an ESE teacher and this part gave me resources that I will definitely use in my room.  I will also use some of the other sites like creating a web quest for my students to follow and read aloud sites that will help my students with their different needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment